As someone who actually had to tell her future fiancé that she was trying to flirt with him (true story), I’m not one to give you dating advice… but I can give you beauty tips.
You probably know by now that while I love all things beauty, I don’t like to spend much more than 10 minutes when actually getting ready… Which can makes things tricky when you want to look amazing, sexy, and effortless for a date, all in a very small amount of time.
Over the years I’ve accumulated some tips and tricks, if you will, that can get you looking good quickly – this low pony is one of my favourites. I’m not really a fan of “updos” but it’s still nice to pull your hair away from your face sometimes. Here are a few beauty tips and my favourite quick and easy date night hair tutorial:
1. Stick to natural, minimal makeup. You want to look like you, but better!
2. Wear something you feel comfortable in – confidence is the sexiest thing of all, and if you wear something that’s not you, people will be able to tell.
3. Stay away from dandruff and dry scalp – I like Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care with almond oil. My skin gets super dry + itchy in the winter (including the skin on my scalp) and this formula cleanses, protects and moisturizes my hair, making it smooth and soft (and smells amazing). Since romantic moments don’t happen that often, the last thing I want to do is ruin them with dandruff 🙁
PS it’s extra important to take care of your scalp with this low pony hairstyle since your part is so straight and prominent.
4. Wear comfortable shoes – you never know where the night will take you, and you don’t want to be constrained by your footwear.
5. Statement earrings make it look like you put a lot more effort into your look than you did (and look especially good with this hairstyle).
6. A faux tan give you an extra glow (hey, we all need one sometimes – especially when it comes to a date!)
I’m excited to team up with Head & Shoulders for Valentine’s Day this year (or any date night, really) to give you guys a quick and easy date night hair tutorial. I hope it’s helpful!
Shot on Canon GX7 Mark 11 in collaboration with Head + Shoulders