Sometimes I just can’t drag myself out of bed (like actually can’t- my dog is the best snuggle buddy)… which leaves me with very little time to get ready in the morning. So over the years I’ve perfected some shortcuts to looking put-together with minimal effort and time.
1. Wear a hat: I’ve amassed quite a collection over the years and this is the best way to look put together without taking the time to do so.
2. Do the hair tuck: A genius way to look chic without styling your hair. Tuck it into a blazer or scarf and be done with it.
3. Movie-star sunglasses: Let’s face it, everyone looks better with sunglasses.
4. Know the right makeup: Concealer under the eyes + around the nose will brighten you up in 10 seconds. Put on a little mascara if you look especially tired and blush to add colour. You’re done in 30 seconds.
5. Shower the night before: As much as a shower wakes you up, it won’t help if you can’t actually make it into the shower (this happens to me more than I’d like to admit).
I had an amazing long weekend for our anniversary/his birthday at a cabin (or cottage, as you Ontarians call it) and feel so relaxed. Will be sharing more photos soon!