I found these “about me” questions on fellow blogger Lena’s site and loved the candid, honest aspect of them. With blogging and social media, you try and portray yourself to the the best of your ability, but inevitably can end up only posting the “good” things and the “nice” photos. I love my life, but it is not all beautiful clothes, photoshoots and travel.
So get to know me (more or less) in 67 questions.
1. What is your middle name?
2. When is your birthday?
3. What is your zodiac sign?
4. What is your favorite color?
Black.. am I allowed to say that?
5. What’s your lucky number?
6. Do you have any pets?
Yes, a beautiful black boxer. She’s more of a daughter than a pet.
7. Where are you from?
Born in LA, raised in Vancouver.
8. How tall are you?
9. What shoe size are you?
10. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I haven’t counted them, but probably 20? I only wear about 7 of them.
11. What talents do you have?
I can name any actor in any movie. I don’t know why I have this useless knowledge.
12. Are you psychic in any way?
I like to think a little bit.
13. Favorite song?
Such a hard question. I can’t do it… something from the Stones, Petty or Springsteen. Or Fool in the Rain by Zeppelin.
14. Favorite movie?
I don’t have just one favourite movie…
15. Do you want children?
16. Do you want a church wedding?
17. Are you religious?
I think spiritual is a more accurate description.
18. Have you ever been to the hospital?
19. Have you ever gotten in trouble with the law?
Do speeding tickets count? I can a bit a bit of an aggressive driver 😐
20. Baths or showers?
Both. I love to relax in a bath. I am also the world’s fastest showerer.
21. What color socks are you wearing?
22. Have you ever been famous?
23. What type of music do you like?
Pretty much everything (including cheesy 80’s pop).. You can never rock wrong with Classic Rock. Lately I’ve been very into The Shins and Coldplay.
24. How many pillows do you sleep with?
I have 3 in my bed, I sleep on 1.
25. What position do you usually sleep in?
On my side
26. What do you typically have for breakfast?
27. Have you ever fired a gun?
No, but I would like to try it… safely. And not aiming at anything living.
28. Favorite swear word?
Fuck (sorry Dad).
29. Do you have any tattoos?
30. Are you a good liar?
I’m not sure… sometimes I blush if I get nervous though (hate that).
31. Are you a good judge of character?
I think so
32. Can you do any other accents other than your own?
Not well, but that doesn’t stop me from doing it.
33. What is your favorite accent?
British or Italian
34. What is your most expensive piece of clothing?
My Proenza Schouler bag
35. Can you curl your tongue?
Yes and I just did.
36. Are you an innie or an outie?
37. Left or right handed?
Right, but I can play soccer with both feet and I’m left handed with a hockey stick (just found that out).
38. Are you scared of spiders?
Yes, but trying to be less so. Naming them is helping a bit.. haha.
39. Favorite food?
Cheeseburger + fries.
40. Favorite foreign food?
41. Are you a clean or messy person?
I call it controlled chaos.
42. How long does it take for you to get ready?
Depends, but usually 20-30 mins.
43. Do you have much of an ego?
I think everyone does. I try to separate myself from it.
44. Do you talk to yourself?
Not out loud…
45. Do you sing to yourself?
46. Are you a good singer?
I like to think I’m not awful, but my friends and family beg to differ.
47. Biggest fear?
Sharks. And feeling unfulfilled/unhappy with my life.
48. Best dramatic movie you’ve seen?
49. Do you like long or short hair?
Depends. Mid length on me. Short on my boyfriend.
50. Favorite school subject?
Gym. And Math (I know…)
51. Extrovert or Introvert?
Extroverted introvert (seriously).
52. Have you ever been scuba diving?
Not yet but I will!
53. What makes you nervous?
Unfamiliarity and lack of control.
54. Are you scared of the dark?
A little bit.
55. Do you correct people when they make mistakes?
Yes. I hope that other will do the same for me.
56. Are you ticklish?
Yes but sometimes I can control it.
57. Who was your first real crush?
His name was Michael and he was my best friend until I started crushing on him. Oops. I still know him actually!
58. How many piercings do you have?
Two- 1 in each ear. I used to have my nose pierced, but I took it out (and I still have a little scar).
59. How fast can you run?
I like the think pretty fast.. However I am getting older so probably not as fast as I’d like to think…
60. What color is your hair?
61. What color are your eyes?
62. Do you keep a journal?
In digital form, yes… My blog!
63. What makes you angry?
Ignorance and cowardice
64. Do you want a boy or a girl for a child?
65. What are you strengths?
Strong sense of morality, passion and loyalty
66. What are your weaknesses?
Impatience and bluntness
67. Do you have any scars?
ALL over my knees and legs… I was a very active tomboy and I’m also a klutz.
I was thinking about starting an anonymous”Ask Jill” section, kind of like what Rumi did here on fashiontoast.com. Is this something you guys would be interested in? Let me know in the comments!